Thome Group of Companies is a dynamic provider of integrated ship management services to the international shipping and offshore industries. Based in Singapore, and celebrating more than 50 years of service, the Thome Group of Companies represents a unique combination of the best elements of Scandinavian shipping tradition with the modern drive of Asian business enterprise. From ship management to offshore structure management, port agency, vessel inspection and crew training, Thome offers a complete range of services & products under one roof. Building on Singapore's Dynamic growth as an international maritime centre, the Thome Group has grown to be recognised as one of the world's leading independent international ship managers with more than 300 vessels under full technical management serviced by 650 shore staff and 11,000 crew members. Today, Thome Ship Management ranks among the world top best performing global ship management companies with a wide range of clients from every corner of the world. Since the very beginning when Thome started its ship management operations, the company has built up a solid list of Principals from Europe, Scandinavia and from across Asia, Japan and Korea in particular. Thome ship management Principals are mainly blue-chip, often stock market listed shipping companies and recognised as leaders in their own fields.
Thome Group is renowned for its unique blend of technical ability and business acumen which is why it is able to manage all kinds of vessels and offshore structures - profitably and efficiently. Thome is also fully accredited with ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
Ship Management, Oil & Gas Structure Management, Offshore Management, Port Agency, and Technical Marine Consultancy
Reporting to the Purchasing Team Leaders, the team member will be responsible to expedite orders as necessary and resolve outstanding deliveries in accordance with Superintendents and vessels requirements. The role demands an individual with attention to detail and with a sense of organizing and sense of priority able to execute the purchasing function in an effective and streamlined way. Supporting the Fleet Group in the day-to-day Technical Operations of ship including but not be limited to:
- Advice vessels on replenishment schedules
- Prompt sending of inquiries, preparing quotations and placing orders (PO)
- Ensures timely and economical supply of spare parts and stores
- Monitor vessel rotation coordinate with forwarders and agents for timely delivery of orders
- Verify goods delivered and invoiced amount
- Responsible for the preparation of documents in accordance with company policies and procedures with regards to each purchase
- Perform invoice matching, resolve discrepancies and handling of claims to vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts to facilitate smooth payment processing
- Liaise with Superintendent and vessels regarding routine services and in arranging specialized services and repairs
The role should provide a flawless support of all vessel requirements and perform other job functions related to it including cost management for materials and freight.